The European Section of the IST is the oldest Section and traditionally has been able to draw on the large number of toxinology researchers working in the region, whose work often encompasses toxins from around the World, since Europe itself is not home to as many toxin producing fauna and flora as some other regions.
The next sectional meeting of the European Section of IST will be in 2022 and will be a World Congress.
Past European Section Meetings
18. Yerevan, Armenia, September 2018
Organiser: Prof. Naira Ayvazyan
17. Science Museum Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain, September 2011
Organiser: Prof. Juan Calvete
16. University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, September 2008
Organiser: Prof. Jan Tytgat
15. Brdo Estate, Kranj, Slovenia, June 2004
Organiser: F Gubensek & I Krizaj
14. Stockholm, Sweden, October 2001
Organiser: H Persson
13. London, UK, April 1998
Organiser: D Theakston
12. Basel, Switzerland, August 1996
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon (in press, 1997).
11. Arezzo, Italy, October 1993
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 32 , 381-410, 1994.
10. Paris, France, September 1992
Organisers: P.Boquet, A.Menez, J.Pusset
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 31 , 497- 540, 1993.
9. Lohusalu, Estonia, September 1990
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 29 , 279-299, 1991.
8. Porec, Yugoslavia, September 1989
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 28 , 141-170, 1990.
7. Prague, Czechoslovakia, August, 1986
Organiser: F.Kornalik, H.Raskova, K.Masek
Proceedings:Proc.of the 6th Eur.Symp.on Animal, Plant and Microbial Toxins (F.Kornalik and D.Mebs, eds.), publ. by the European Section, Prague, 1986.
6. Basel, Switzerland, August 1984
Organisers: K.Stocker, T.A.Freyvogel, J.Meier
Proceedings: Proc.of the 6th Eur.Symp.on Animal, Plant and Microbial Toxins (J.Meier, K.Stocker, T.A.Freyvogel, eds.), publ. by the European Section, Basel, 1984.
5. Hannover, West-Germany, August 1983
Organisers: G.G.Habermehl and D.Mebs
Proceedings: Proc.of the 5th Eur.Symp.on Animal, Plant and Microbial Toxins (D.Mebs and G.G.Habermehl, eds.), publ. by the European Section, Hannover, 1983.
4. Marseille, France, June 1981
Proceedings: Toxicon 20, no.1, 1982.
3. London, England, September 1978
Proceedings: 3rd Symposium on Plant, Animal and Microbial Toxins (G.Habermehl and D.Mebs, eds.), THD Schriftenreihe Wissenschaft und Technik 14, 1979.
2. Portoroz, Yugoslavia, September 1977
Proceedings: Period.Biol. suppl.1, 1978
1. Paris, France, October 1975
Proceedings: Venins et Toxins d´Origine Animale, Vegetale et Microbienne,
Bull.Inst.Pasteur 74, 1976.