The Pan American Section of the IST has been active since 1984.
The current Pan-American Section Congress is also an IST World Congress being held at the Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 8-13, 2019. A congress website is available. Abstract submision is now closed.
The most recent meeting of the Pan-American Section of the IST was held in Miami, September 2016. This was a large meeting with a very busy scientific program in an enjoyable setting.
Past Pan American Section Meetings:
12. Miami Beach, Florida, USA, September 2016
Organisers: Frank Mari & Frank Bosmans
11. Guaruja, Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 2013
Organisers: Denise Tambourgi & Yara Cury
10. San Jose, Costa Rica, April 2010
Organiser: JM Gutierrez
9. Juriquilla, Queretaro, Mexico, October 2007
Organizer: AC Alagon
8. Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 2004
Organizer: Jonas E Perales
7. Charlottsville, USA, September 2002
Organizer: Jay Fox
6. Porlamar, Margarita Island, Venezuela, September 1998
Organizer: C. Sevcik
5. Frederick, MD, U.S.A.
Organizers: K.A.Mereish and R.W.Wannemacher
Proceedings: Toxicon 34, 1219-1458, 1996.
4. Campinas, S.P., Brazil, July 1992
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 31 , 97-179, 1993.
3. Oaxtepec, Morelos, Mexico, January 1990
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 28 , 597-630, 1990.
2. Scottsdale, AZ, U.S.A., May 1986
Proceedings: Proc. of the 2nd American Symp. on Animal, Plant and Microbial Toxins (A.L.Bieber, ed.) published by the American Section, Tempe, 1986.
1. Stillwater, OK, U.S.A., May 1984
Organizers: C.L.Ownby, G.Odell, L.Rolf, G.Burrows
Proceedings: Abstracts published in: Toxicon 23 , 17-41,1985.